About Me

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010


Hannah Macey CD(DONA)

I became secretly passionate about childbirth and the wonderful miracle of life after having my first child. Although, the birth of my first daughter is not presently my idea of an ideal birth it was perfect. It was calm, spiritual and a pure miracle.
For a long time after I felt a strong desire to be a midwife. I felt drawn to the underlying sense of power and strength that exudes from women during childbirth. I knew that I wanted to be a part of that, to be involved and to be a witness.

My journey took me in a different direction and I gained different experiences. Those experiences have made me the person I am today. I am ready to share my passion and desire and to start my new journey. I feel ready and privileged to be the support and encouragement that women and partners need through this wonderful life-changing event. 

I am originally from England and have lived in the US for about 9 years. I currently reside in Utah, with my husband and two beautiful daughters.

Post a Comment

Childbirth is a time when a woman's power and strength emerge full force, but it is also a vulnerable time, and a time of many changes presenting opportunities for personal growth.

ANNEMARIE VAN OPLOO, Janet Schwegel's Adventures in Natural Childbirth
We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.
Laura Stavoe Harm
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
Barbara Katz Rothman

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP